Monday, September 07, 2020

Sally DT - A distressed mini journal

 


Make yourself a cuppa and have a read (it is a bit of a long one).  I have had this mini mdf journal in my stash for a long time and thought it was about time that I decorated it and put it to proper use. It is ideally sized to make pages from left over bits of gelli prints and other backgrounds too. 

I used 

mdf mini journal

Mandala 7 inkable 

Art Journal words stamp

  White gesso, modelling paste, acrylic paints, gilding wax, sandpaper, gold posca pen, versamark ink and gold embossing powder. 

This is one of those projects that I have completed over several evenings, not because it is hard to do, but to let it dry properly between each stage. I started off by painting all the mdf on both sides with gesso and leaving to dry.

Then I applied modelling paste through the mandala stencil and left to dry overnight.

I chose 2 colours of chalk finish acrylic paint and dry-brushed it over the mdf on both sides, first the blue...

and then the purple

When that was dry I sanded it down with the sandpaper and then applied some gold gilding wax.


Finally I stamped the words in versamark ink and heat embossed in gold. 

Here is the finished journal, although I will be tying some ribbons to the metal rings and adding more pages.  I have also gone around the edges of the mdf with a gold posca pen.



Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Tina Chianna said...

how fabby, loving the soft tone and delicate highlighting of the raised stencil. x

Ali Carubia said...

Beautiful, love it xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...