Friday, November 06, 2020

Never Give Up


 Never Give Up

By DT Ann



This week I decided to recreate a tag I did last weekend, whilst playing in my craft space. I don't like to do exactly the same, basically because I've difficulty doing repetition and I find I deviate as I recreate !! So this one is slightly different...

I used:

Stamps: Over the Moon, La Luna, Texture, Film Strip & Circles, Random Numbers, Dragonfly & Butterfly Set, Small Words.

Inkables : Circle Lattice

Dies: Tags #1

Distress Oxides: Fossilized Amber, Dusty Concord 

Versafine: Imperial Purple

Paint: Dina Wakley Gilt & Chartreuse  

>>>

Available from : https://www.beecrafty.net

 >>>

Extras: Gelli plate, brayer, die cutting machine, Perfect Pearls, waterbrush, thread.


I created a background by brayering some Chartreuse paint onto my Gelli plate & placed the Circle Lattice 6 x6 Inkable on to it. Next I placed a piece of paper over it , rubbed it firmly & removed both paper & Inkable. Then I brayered the remaining paint ono a separate piece of paper to use later. After leaving the paint on the Gelli plate for a couple of minutes I brayered some Gilt paint over the it. Then used another piece of paper & rubbed over the top firmly, peeled back & this gave me my print.

 




Once the print was dry I die cut into the paper using the largest tag.



I stamped the large dragonfly onto the spare piece of paper in purple & embossed with Distress Embossing Glaze, Antique Linen, this gave me a more vintage look rather than clear embossing powder. Then I cut it out.


On the tag I used Dusty Concord with the 'dotty' edge stamp, (Texture/ Film Strip & Circles set) around the edges. Then added the circle boarder in Versafine Ink (Over the Moon set) down the centre of the tag.. I only added two to start with, but added a third later...





Again in Dusty Concord I added some circles from La Luna & some Random Numbers in Fossilized Amber to create more background interest. I coloured my dragonfly with some Perfect Pearls & a water brush.



I chose sentiment from the Small words Stamp set, die cut a banner from a left over piece of paper & stamped onto it (use the acetate sheet to check your sentiment fits first).




Finally using gel medium I glued some cotton thread, the dragonfly & the sentiment onto the tag.




Thank you for stopping by... Ann x











1 comment:

Julie-Ann said...

This is beautiful...x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...