Monday, November 09, 2020

Sally DT - Be Happy Journal pages

 

 Here is a journal page spread that I created in my Dylusions journal using Bee Crafty stamps. I took a few photos along the way, so hopefully you will see how it came together.
I used
Chalk effect acrylic paint in marine blue, pale green and dark green
pale green gel pen 

First I painted across both pages with chalk effect paint in a marine blue, pale green and a darker green. I put a layer of scrap paper under the pages each side to protect those underneath from my messiness!
I set this aside to dry and stamped and coloured a selection of beautanical leaves and doodle art mushrooms. 
Once coloured with ecoline pens, I cut them out
Now here is the bit I forgot to take a photo for. I stencilled some leaves at the top of the dry pages using the leafy branch d'inkable and black soot distress oxide ink. I also added a few smudges of black distress crayon as ground, before stamping some foliage from the doodle art mushroom set in archival black ink along the lower edge.
After spending a while  moving the images around, I found where I wanted to put them and I stuck them down. Now I should have used a mat medium, but forgot and used PVA, which left a couple of little shiny marks.... To cover them up I used the sentiment and then added a few highlights in gel pen - a pale green for the foliage and white elsewhere on the page.  
Thanks for looking!  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...