Monday, January 04, 2021

Sally DT - My Bullet Journal journey

  Hi There! After creating samples for the December Bee Crafty Hochanda show, I decided that I would like to start a bullet journal. I have always had a week-to-view diary in the past and didn't find it worked particularly well for me. I wanted to start right there and then, so found an A5 pad of mixed media paper and set to work altering the cover with texture paste, inkables, paint, stamps and embossing powder (for a 'how to' check this post where I altered an A6 journal) Here is the result.

The only differences between this one and the step by step is that I brushed over the stencilled part with a wash of turquoise paint and let it dry before applying the gilding wax. I also heat embossed the art journal words border stamp. The stencil is the inkables big one Fern Flourish

Now onto the inside...

I made a pocket using foam tape and card to keep my journalling templates in, then used the big numbers and Star textures to decorate the first page. I masked over 2021 with a post it to add a bit of ink blending.

My next double page is one I already shared in the Bee Crafty Facebook group. Every year we do the big garden bird watch, but have been talking about doing it each month to get a better idea of when our visitors come and go. We will record it here.

For this page I used the Typewriter Alpha, the templates, the months stamps, the botanical sprigs and that lovely finch from the birds and butterflies set. This was already coloured and cut out using the dies.
My next double page is an overview for the year where I can list appointments and a page for January. Not sure what I will put in the circles yet, but possibly things to do. The stamps used are the big numbers, the months and the botanical sprigs. I used the templates too.  After that I moved on to my month to view spread for January.
For this I used the templates, the month, day date stamps and the doodle art snowflake set.

For all of these I used a mixture of Distress oxide, versafine clair and distress inks. I also used ecoline pens, fine liners and some highlighters.

 I hope you have enjoyed seeing my spreads so far. I have certainly enjoyed doing them and am looking forward to thinking about what else to include along with February.

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

cuilliesocks said...

Happy New Year to you Sally, what a fabulous journal, wonderful pages, lots of thought and work put into it. The cover is gorgeous, lovely colours and design, Kate x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...