Monday, December 14, 2020

Sally DT - An altered journal cover

 

As Bev is on Hochanda tomorrow with some really gorgeous Queen Bee Journaling stamps, I thought I would share this journal cover. I had bought a couple of small sketch books/ journals a while ago from a high street store, but they had the most ridiculous sticky labels on the front and by the time I had got them off, I had managed to damage the cover. This is what it looked like
Today I decided it was time to do something about it! I got the Bakewell Inkable big one and attached to the damaged cover with a pice of masking tape.
Next I applied some texture paste through the stencil with a palette knife. I washed my stencil and palette knife and left the paste to dry.
Once fully dry I painted over with black gesso and again left to dry thoroughly.
Next I rubbed a little gilding wax in 2 different colours over the textured surface.
I added a line with gold pen down the edge of where the stencil came to.
I used the larger of the banner dies from the Tag and Banner die set and cut one from some thick white card.
I used the Typewriter Alpha to stamp the word Journal across the die cut
A little black ink was sponged around the edge before attaching to the front of the journal with foam pads.
A couple of drops of liquid pearls finished it off.

Here is the finished journal. I am rather pleased with that rescue! I am going to do something similar with an A5 pad of mixed media paper for my bullet journal for next year. I am looking forward to improving my journaling skills using the templates and stamps on tomorrow's shows rather than buying a diary.

I do hope you can join Bev (and Sam) on Hochanda at 1pm Tomorrow (Tuesday 15th December) 

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Julie-Ann Fleming said...

Absolutely stunning....

Sally H said...

Thank you so much xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...