Thursday, May 11, 2023

Alison CT - A Butterfly Stitch in Time

Hi everyone, today I thought I would share how I would extend the A Stitch in Time stamp, by using other stamp sets, so that it can be used for an 8 x 8 inch square card.
I began by creating a background using a piece of acetate with peeled paint and uncharted mariner distress ink. 
I began by smooshing one if the inks onto the acetate and spritzing with water. I allowed the ink to form small pools, then tapped it onto my puece of card several times. I left this to dry, then repeated with the second colour. This was left to dry completely.
Next I stamped the A Stitch in Time stamp with versamark ink centrally on the background. I sprinkled with black embossing powder and heat set.

Next I very carefully inked, with versafine clair nocturne ink, a small portion of the crackle background stamp and stamped it over the face of the pocket watch.

Then I inked up the left hand side of the ledger stamp (the left when stamped) with versafine clair nocturne. I stamped this on the bottom left of the a stitch in time image, overlapping it slightly. I repeated this process but inking up the right hand side of the image and stamping top right of the card.

Next I added three of the numbers stamps using nocturne ink. 

Then I added the same stitched border, that is in the main image, to all four corners. I also added some hearts and scribbled circles from the journal art elements 3 stamp set.

Next I stamped three butterflies,  the nibs and some stars on a seperate piece of card and cut them out.

I then stamped a sentiment, cut it out and edged with a black pen.

Finally I mounted the background onto a piece of black card,  then a card blank. I glued the butterflies, stars, nibs and sentiment to the background.
Products used:
Art Stamps - A stitch in time; crackle background; ledger, inkwell and nibs; numbers 1; stitched borders; journal art elements 3; birds and butterflies regular; stars textures
Wordage - Mixed messages 3
Distress Ink - Uncharted mariner, peeled paint
Versamark ink pad
Piece of acetate

Thank you for taking the time to have a look.
Alison 

2 comments:

Maxine said...

lovely card thank u so much Alison :)

Alison said...

Thank you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...