Thursday, May 18, 2023

Alison CT - Do it Funky

Hi everyone, today I thought I would share this card made using a background created with the texture tools on my gelli plate and a couple of  the doodle art stamp sets.
To begin I squeezed small blobs of yellow, light red and dark red acrylic paint onto my gelli plate. I then used a brayer to spread it evenly acroos it.
I then used the texture tool with the large spikes to draw rough circles in the paint. I then placed a piece of mixed media card onto the gelli plate and rubbed gently to ensure even coverage of the paint. I then gently pulled the paper away from the gelli plate. This gave me a first image. 
There was enough paint left for a second piece, which is the piece I've used for the background of my card.
I cut the background piece into a sevdn and a half inch square. All off cuts were added to my bit box for later use.
On a seperate piece of card I stamped two dragonflies, two of the small dandedaisy and one large dandedaisy, which I coloured with coloured pencils and then cut out.
Next I decided where each of the stamped elements would be positioned. I then took the dotty stamp from the sunflower stamp set, and using versafine clair nocturne, I stamped it around the images, so that it would appear from behind the image. I also addedsome in the area where the sentiment would go.
Next I cut out my chosen transparency sentiment.
Finally I glued the background to a black mat and then to an eight by eight inch card blank. I then used distress collage medium to glue the dragonflies, flowers and sentiment to the background.

Products used:

Gelli plate
Acrylic paint
Doodle Art Stamps - dragonfly, dandedaisy, sunflower 
Bee Crafty Transparency Prints A5 - spontaneous words black on clear
Versafine Clair - nocturne

Thank you for taking a look.
Alison

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...