Thursday, May 04, 2023

Alison CT - Nothing is as Wonderful as You

Good morning. Today I'm sharing how I created this art journal page using an inkable, stamps and an A5 Faces transparency.

To begin I inked through the mandala inkable using distress oxides, picking out different areas with different inks. I then spritzed the inkable with water and pressed this into white areas on the page to add a different look to the background.

Next I added more detail to the background using stamps from the Journalling Essentials 2 stamp set. I also stamped some on a spare piece of card to cut out later.

Next I added small coffee stains and the numbers from that set using the same distress oxides.

I then added the script background using a grey ink. I left it on the acetate and only inked it roughly so it gave a distressed look.
Stamp the larger circles from the Journaling Essentials 1 stamp set onto seperate card using the seedless preserve distress oxide. 

Roughly cut out the face transparency. Glue to the page using collage medium. I applued this to the back of the transparency using a brush, as the inks on the page are not waterproof and would move and smudge if the collage medium was applied to the page.

Cut out all the extras stamped earlier. Cut some in half. I decided I didn't want the leaves for this project, so have added them to my bit box for later. I then glued the circles to the page using collage medium. I overlapoed some on to the transparency. I stamped and cut out the sentiment and added it to the page.

Products used:
6 x 6 Inkables - Mandala 1
Art Stamps - Coffee Stains, Journaling Essentials 1 and 2, Script Background
Wordage Stamps - Mixed Messages 1
Distress Oxide Ink Pads - Seedless Preserve,  Spiced Marmalade, Lost Shadow
Versafine Clair - Nocturne, Morning Mist

Thank you for taking a look.
Alison
Distress Collage Medium

2 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Alison, wow I do love this, your stamps, the design and brilliant colours. Thanks for explaining details of what you used on your blog too x

ambermog said...

Beautiful

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...