Sunday, March 24, 2024

Alison CT - Journaling Essential Samples

Hi everyone,  today I'm sharing my samples for the Journaling Essentials release.

My first sample is this purple one. For it I blended wilted violet distress oxide through the tulip d'inkable from the new set 13. I used it four times to cover the entire layer of card. Next I stamped the correct size of tulip, from Journaling Essentials 2, over the stenciled areas using versafine clair monarch. I edged the piece of card with the monarch ink and glued to a card blank. I then stamped the long border stamp, from Journaling Essentials 4, around the edge of the card with wilted violet. I added the word Happy from Mixed Messages 4.

For my second sample, I used a brayer to add mustard seed and festive berries distress oxide to the background card. Then I used the circles and lines d'inkable, from set 13, with black soit distress oxide down the centre of my background. I added stars and the rainbows from the Journaling Essentials 5 stamp set using versafine clair nocturne. I stamped the flower on seperate card and cut it out, then glued it to my background. I used a black pen to edge the background piece, then glued it to a card blank. Finally I added the wordy sticker from sheet 2B.

When I created my second sample, I cleaned my brayer on a second piece of card, which I have used on my third sample. I also cleaned the d'inkable, from my second sample, by spritzing with water, and applying it to this piece of card. Next I used the circles a dots d'inkable from set 13 with ripe persimmon distress oxide to add to the background. Next I stamped some of the worker stamps from the Journaling Essentials 4 set using black soit and festive berries distress oxide.  I then stamped the large leaf three times in the bottom right corner.  On seperate card I stamped three flowers and 8 leaves and fussy cut them out. I coloured the fliwers and added them to the card, then added the small leaves. This piece was added to a card blank, then I added wordy stickers from sheet 2B.

My fourth sample was created by adding a strip of the narrower stamping and stenciling tape centralky across the background piece of card. I then stamped the large leafy branch, from Journaling Essentials 4, using gathered twigs and brushed corduroy distress oxide, so that they pointed up or down from the tape strip. I removed the tape and added a border by stamping the small dot and line stamp with crushed olive distress oxide.  I then blended mustard seed distress oxide around the edges of the card and add one of the small circular worker stamps,  using first and second generation stamping, with crushed olive. Finally I stamped the sentiment, from the Incredible Words stamp set, with Fallen Leaves versafine clair and glued this to a card blank.

I created two further sample, photos below.
Products used:

Distress oxides in various colours
Versafine Clair in various colours
Stamping and stenciling tape

Thank you for taking a look. 
Alison 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...