Sunday, March 03, 2024

Alison CT - Blue Bird

Hi everyone, today I'm sharing a step by step guide to creating this art journal page. 

To begin, I blended peacock feathers distress oxide over the centre of my page. I then used the same ink through the line and circle inkable tag to create a horizontal and vertical line of ink. I then spritzed the inkable tag with water and pressed this onto the bottom of the page. This was left to dry.
When the background was dry, I used the circular part of the 4" easy frame to create a black outline of a circle on the page. I used black soit distress oxide ink.
Next, I used a black posca pen to draw a freehand black line around the edge of the peacock feathers patch of ink.
Next, on seperate card I stamped the rainbow bird and three of the leaves from the journaling essentials 2 stamp set, using versafine clair nocturne. I then coloured the leaves with the peacock feathers distress watercolour pencil and the bird with salvaged patina, mermaid lagoon and tumbled glass distress watercolour pencils. I also added some white highlights using a white pisca pen. I then cut them out.

Then on seperate card, I stamped the circle with hearts, from the Journaling Essentials 1 stamp set, with versafine clair nocturne ink and cut them out. I cut one in half vertically and one horizontally.  As I only need three halves the other has been added to my fodder box. 

I glued the bird, leaves and semi circles to my background using distress collage medium. 

I felt the background needed something else, so I carefully added some of the script background stamp using peacock feathers distress oxide.
Finally, I stamped a sentiment from the Small Words stamp set directly to the page using versafine clair nocturne. 

Products used:
Inkables Easy Frame 4" circle
Distress Oxide Peacock Feathers, Black Soot

Thanks for taking a look.
Alison

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...