Sunday, May 26, 2024

Alison CT - Dragonflies

Hi everyone, today I'm sharing an art journal page created in a notebook using inkables, stamps and transparencies. 

To begin I blended antique linen and lumberjack plaid distress ink over the page.

Next I blended antique linen through the text part of the coffee stains text 6" inkable. 

Then I used the coffee stains part of the same inkable with lumberjack plaid ink over the red areas of the page.

Next I added areas of grit paste through the distressed diamonds inkable. Also, as the page slready had a few splatz of blue, I used a paintbrush to add more splatz using uncharted mariner distress ink.

Using the small double coffee stain stamp with the lumberjack plaid distress ink to add more detail to the page. 

Then I added the numbers from the coffee stain set to the page using uncharted mariner ink. I also added some of the text background stamp with the same ink.
Whilst the background dried, I stamped the second sized dragonfly and the circle onto an old book page using versafine clair ink. I cut them out with the corresponding dies.
I then glued the circles to the page and then the dragonflies. I only added glue to the body of the dragonfly so the wings naturally curled away from the page.
Finally I added the transparency print sentiment, using collage medium.

Products used:
Distress Ink - uncharted mariner, lumberjack plaid, antique linen
Transparency Prints Beautiful and Brave black on clear

Thank you for taking a look. 
Alison 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...