Sunday, May 12, 2024

Alison CT - Least favourite colour

Today I decided to make myself use my least favourite colour (brown) to create a card. I wanted to push myself out of my comfort zone. 

To begin, I sprayed a piece of mixed media card with Spiced Marmalade,  Scorched Timber and Walnut Stain distress oxide sprays. I spritzed it lightly with water and left it to dry naturally.

When it was dry, I cut it into three two and a half inch squares.

On one of the squares, use scorched timber distress ink to stamp the grid and splats stamp; spiced marmalade distress ink to stamp the numbers and walnut stain distress ink to stamp the hearts.

On the second one, stamp the circles with spiced marmalade and the crosses with walnut stain.
On the last one, stamp the leaves with scorched timber and the small crosses with walnut stain. 
On seperate cream card, blend the three distress inks through the leaf dinkable from set 6. Use mostly spiced marmalade. Cut the leaf out leaving a small cream border.
On a six and a half inch square piece of card, stick the three squares, so they overlap, in the bottom right corner.

Using foam pads stick this piece to a seven inch square card.

Add the leaf over the squares.

Using scorched timber stamp the word courage, from mixed message 4, three times around the squares.

Add small orange gems around the squares.

Products used:
Distress Oxide Spray - spiced marmalade, scorched timber, walnut stain 
Distress Ink Pads - spiced marmalade, scorched timber, walnut stain 
Gems

Thank you for taking a look. 
Alison 

2 comments:

Lynne K said...

Love this! Definitely worth going out of your comfort zone for!

Alison said...

Thank you Lynne.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...