Sunday, July 14, 2024

Alison CT - You are your own work if art

Hi everyone, today I'm sharing some inspiration for the challenge in the Facebook group; a card using one of the Rainbow Birds and a selection of background stamps. 

As I had decided I wanted the bird to really pop on the card, I blended lost shadow, hickory smoke and black soot distress oxide inks to create a neutral background. I dipped my fingers into water and allowed the drips to fall on to the background.  I then patted it dry with kitchen towel.

To add interest to the background, I stamped, freehand, parts of the script stamp using hickory smoke distress oxide ink. I used the zig-zag border, from the freehand borders 1 stamp set, with black soot distress oxide ink to create a border. I used first and second generation stamping to create a double border.
I added areas of the grid stamp, from journal art elements 3, using black soot distress oxide. 
Next, using black soot distress oxide ink I stamped first and second generation images of the numbers from journal art elements 3.
I used a white posca pen to add white splatz to finish the background. 
On seperate card, I stamped one of the doodle art rainbow birds using versafine clair nocturne. I coloured the bird with watercolour pens and added white highlights with a gel pen.
I glued the background to a 6 inch square card blank and added the bird so that it looks like it is sitting on the grid stamping.

Finally I added a sentiment from the wordy stickers 3B.
Products used:
Distress Oxide Ink pads - lost shadow, hickory smoke, black soot
White Posca Pen

Thank you for taking a look. 
Alison 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...