Sunday, July 28, 2024

Alison CT - Blooming Blooms

Hi everyone, today I'm sharing an art journal page created using the Blooming Blooms stamp set with some of the Inkables, Inkables Grandes and Tags.

I started with a clean up page where I had cleaned one of the inkables tags from set 4.

Firstly, I applied black soot distress oxide ink directly from the pad to the reverse side of the Alpha Grande. I spritzed this with water and pressed it down on the page. I repeated this, but with the Squircles Grande.

Next I applied black soot distress oxide through the perspective circles inkable. 
Then I applied spiced marmalade distress oxide ink to the side of a super skinny slim and created lines horizontally and vertically on the page. 
I, then, stamped the small border from the blooming blooms stamp set randomly near the orange lines using versafine clair nocturne. 
On seperate card I stamped the large flower and two small flowers from the blooming blooms stamp set using nocturne ink and the top part of the leaf stamp from Journaling Essentials 7 using evergreen bough distress oxide ink. I coloured the flowers with watercolour pens and then cut them and the top leaf out.

Next I glued the flowers and leaves to the page. I felt the page needed more orange in the background, so I used the same watercolour pen as I had coloured the flower with to add two patches behind the flower and leaves. I used a damp paintbrush to blend out the harsh edges, being careful not to use too much water, as the background will move.

Finally I added a sentiment from the Wordy Stickers 3B.
Products used:
Watercolour pens
Versafine Clair Nocturne 
Distress Oxides - black soot, spiced marmalade, evergreen bough 

Thank you for taking a look. 
Alison 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...