Sunday, August 18, 2024

Alison CT - Inspiration for the three colours challenge.

Hi everyone, today I'm sharing an art journal page created using three ciurs for the background as inspiration for Sally's challenge in the Facebook group.

To begìn I chose my three colours. I wanted to use colours I don't often use, after the comment in one of Bev's lives to "try not to use those favourite colours". I also wanted to be able to use matching spritz sprays, so I chose the colours below.
Next I drew round the inside of the 6" heart easy frame using a black micron pen.
Then I stamped the zig zag border from the freehand borders 1 stamp set using versafine clair nocturne.

To give the background its first colour I used the alternate circles inkable with warm lipstick distress ink.

For the second colour of the background I blended wilted violet distress ink through the off set dots inkable and then for the third colour I spritzed weathered wood distress spritz through the same inkable. This was left to dry naturally.

When the spritz was dry, I stamped the circles with small dots, from journal art elements 3, three times using weathered wood distress ink.

Next I stamped the circles with letters from the same stamp set three times with warm lipstick distress ink. 
To finish the background I added three sets of the multi-circle stamp from journal art elements 1 using wilted violet distress ink. (Sorry forgot to take a photo.)

On seperate card I stamped 3 of the large flower head and 5 of the large leaf from the dandedaisy stamp set using versafine clair nocturne.
I coloured the images by spraying a little of the distress spritz sprays on my blending mat and using a paintbrush to paint them.
The spritz sprays can look a little dull until the light catches them and then they are really vibrant.

After cutting them out I glued them to the page.
Finally I stamped and cut out a sentiment from the ticker tape 1 stamp set and then glued it to the page.
Products used:
Alternate Circles inkable
Distress Spritz - warm lipstick, wilted violet, weathered wood
Distress Ink - warm lipstick, wilted violet, weathered wood
Versafine Clair - nocturne 

Thank you for taking a look and I hope I've inspired you to have a go at the challenge. 
Alison 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...