Monday, August 17, 2015

Kerrie DT - Artsy with Inkables & DaVinci Script

Hiya and welcome to my Monday Post for Bee Crafty

I have been away with no Internet Access it was a bit of a nightmare to be without but the Family Holiday was Fun

So I am back this week with a Mixed Media Artsy Make using 3 of my Favourite Inkables Templates and the DaVinci Script Stamp

For this project I upcycled the chipboard from the back of an art sketch pad - I love making projects with these as I hate throwing anything away if I can help it


First I painted the board using white chalk paint - then I chose my 3 Inkables Templates and used polyfiller and a scraper through the templates - 'Love' in the middle, the corners with 'Circles' and 'Metalwork Alpha' - once dry I coated the whole board using Gesso. I then applied Teal and Powder Pink chalky paint using small sponges randomly for just a hint of colour, I then sponge dabbed Charcoal Grey chalky paint to add like an aged effect. I also used a small paintbrush to apply some Charcoal Grey paint around the letters of 'Love' to add shadows so the lettering stands out against the background. Using an Archival Ink Pad I randomly stamped the 'DaVinci Script' stamp. To add texture I rubbed a candle over the whole board then heated with a heat tool and sanded it back a bit over the raised parts of the Artsy Project - this brought out some of the white from underneath. I rubbed Silver Guilding Wax over to create a metallic look almost like this project was created from embossed metal. To finish I painted over the whole project with Mod Podge to seal it.


I really like how this project turned out - I'm getting a bit more confident now with Mixed Media which was something I hadnt really done much of before this year as I was always a bit terrified but I have learnt that there is no wrong and its the enjoyment of making the project that is the most important thing being free to let go and try out new ideas and push that comfort zone 

Thank You so much for visiting my Post today and i hope you will come back to the Bee Crafty Blog soon for more Amazing Projects by the Gorgeous Design Team

Krafty Hugs xx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lovely work Kerrie, it turned out beautifully x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...