Sunday, August 05, 2018

Karen DT - Nature

Hi crafters xx

Hope you're all well and have a lovely day planned
I'm on the Bee Crafty blog today and I decided to try something new. I bought some natural Slate coasters and had a go at stamping on them. Have to say once I got the hang of it I was on a roll...and will be doing more no doubt lol

I used:
Large Butterfly
Large Sunflower 
Maple Hand Drawn leaf
Versmark
Embossing Powders
Metallic Markers (from my crafty stash )
Varnish





When stamping/heat embossing on these you MUST use a GLASS MAT as it will get very HOT

Do NOT touch the slate coaster during and after heat embossing as it gets extremely HOT. It takes a long time for the slate to cool down

Anti Static the coaster before stamping your image in Versmark.  Press and hold down firmly for a minute or so to allow the Versmark to soak into the slate properly

Apply embossing powder 

Heat. (Please note it takes a long time for the embossing powder to melt!!! )

Once dry and the slate has cooled right down then you can colour in your images.
I used metallic Markers from my crafty stash 

Once dry I applied several coats of Varnish 

I hope you liked today's makes..I  enjoyed making them 

I'll be back soon with another Bee Crafty make 

Crafty hugs xx  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...