Saturday, October 20, 2018

Jane DT - Leonardo One Sheet Mini Book

Hello!
 
Last week Sam was on HOCHANDA with the fabulous Da Vinci collection of stamps so this week on the Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty blog I am sharing with you this mini art journaling book that I made using one sheet of paper...
 


I started by using my 5" x 7" gelli plate with acrylic paint and pressed some of the d'inkables in to create pattern.  This was then stamped onto the paper and repeated, sometimes using the second and third generations of prints and sometimes adding new paints, until the whole sheet was filled...


Next I used distress inks and more d'inkables to create a more filled look to the piece...


At this point I folded my paper to create a book.  I used the instructions from a Dina Wakely tutorial that had been filmed at one of the big craft shows, however the technique is widely used and available on tutorials by many people across the internet if you search for one sheet books.  Once I had folded the book and chosen the front I added some plain washi tape along the open side edges...


The fun bit was then to decorate the pages.  To do this I chose a range of stamps from the Da Vinci collection alongside some other sentiments.  I also added more stencilling and extra pen details where I felt it was needed...



 
To finish the book off I added a metal jewellery blank that I stamped onto using staz on ink and attached this using a selection of beads on beading wire around the cover.

Here are the products I used:

* Da Vinci Collection
* Wordage - Everyday Sentiments 1 XL
* Wordage - Creativity Words Large
* Wordage - True Hope
* D'Inkables

Thank you for looking and happy crafting!

Jane xx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...