Saturday, October 27, 2018

Jane DT - Poisonous ATC's!

Hello!

Today on the Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty blog I am sharing something a little bit spooky...


This project really designed itself as when I started although I knew I wanted to create a couple more ATC's for my collection (artist trading cards) I wasn't sure of the theme. 

I started by preparing both with white gesso for the base then went for a few different colours of acrylic paint.  I applied the paint using my fingers and when I had finished had a background of yellow, green and orange. 

Still not sure what I wanted to do next I flipped through my d'inkables collection and came across the spider's web.  When I looked at the colours and the stencil I knew what I wanted to do! 

So next I stencilled with purple acrylic paint through the web d'inkable...


As this was now becoming a Halloween theme I looked at what I had available in my 'All Hallows' stamp collection and couldn't resist using the poison bottle which is one of my favourites. 

This was stamped out a few times and embossed with fine black powder before being cut out and coloured with watercolours.  I decoupaged a couple of the pieces to create extra dimension and then added them to the ATC's...


To add the finishing touch I chose the sentiment from the Art Stamps Nevermore Raven set and cut it into pieces to be read across both the ATC's.  A touch of black pen was added for a bit of shadowing and also smudged across the card to create a more grungy look.

The products used were:

* All Hallows - Poison Bottle;
* Art Stamps - Nevermore Raven Set
* D'inkables - Spiderweb

I hope you have enjoyed my slice of spookiness and thank you for looking.

Happy crafting,

Jane xx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...