Saturday, November 09, 2019

Jane DT - Gelli Print Butterfly Memory Dex Card

Hello!

This week on the Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty blog I created a project that included some gelli printing!  This is a technique that I love when other people use it but that I really struggle with myself, so I decided that I needed to have some more practise and used the plate to create a background for a Memory Dex card.

I also filmed the process which you can link to here...

https://youtu.be/aFy02q73GsI


After creating a background using the gelli plate and acrylic paint I added some extra stenciling with the metal alpha d'inkable.

Then I did some background stamping using the stitch borders set with archival ink pads.

To create the focal points I stamped the film strip onto heat resistant acetate using Versafine and embossed with clear powder on the top.  I stamped the tape measure from the stitch borders and the butterfly from the dragonfly and butterfly set onto a piece of waste card that I had cleaned my brayer on.

When these were all cut out I layered them up using glue gel adding some black cotton thread as well for extra texture.

Finally I used a sentiment from the small words set...



To create this project I used the following products:

* D'inkables - Distressed Harlequin; Metal Alpha; Circles; Circle Lattice, Honeycomb, Chevrons
* Art Stamps - Stitch Borders
* Art Stamps - Texture, Film Strip and Circles
* Art Stamps - Dragonfly & Butterfly
* Wordage - Small Words
* Archival Inkpads
* Clear Embossing Powder

I am certainly going to be getting my gelli plate out more to get extra practise but it was good fun!

Thank you for looking and happy crafting!

Jane xx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...