Saturday, November 30, 2019

Jane DT - 'Winter Flowers' Journal Page

Hello!

Today on the Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty blog I am sharing how I developed the layers of an art journal page...


I wanted to create a really layered page but without any extra dimension to make my journal too bulky.  I started by creating the colour using distress oxide ink pads (Picked Raspberry and Peacock Feathers).  For part of this I smooshed the ink directly onto the page and then spritzed with water, to also add a more speckled and splattered effect I put some ink onto acetate, added water and then pressed this more accurately to the page...


Where the colours mixed it also created a lovely purple tone, so pink, blue and purple became the theme of the page. However I was also finding this a bit too bright so used my brayer with white gesso to lighten the page...


At this point I decided that these colours would make a good winter background so decided to go along with the idea.  My next layer was to use some stencils with the same distress oxides - Snowflake 1 Inkable and the Snowflakes D'inkable...


Next I wanted to use some stamps and chose the Yuletide Doodle Art Snowflake set.  To create a crisper image I used archival ink pads that matched the colour scheme.  Once I had stamped I coloured the larger stamps using Pitt Pens...


Again I felt that the page was getting a bit too bright so I used white gesso once more but this time through the Circles D'inkable...


I still hadn't decided what my focal images were going to be, but when I looked at how busy the background had become I felt that silhouette stamps would be good to act as a contrast and stand out well against it.  I used some of the Beautanicals sets with black archival ink then added some glitter glue as frost on the flowers...


Finally I chose a sentiment that I stamped directly onto the page...



Here are the products that I used:

* Beautanicals - Wildflower 2
* Beautanicals - Teasels
* Yuletide Doodle Art - Snowflake
* Wordage - Unloved Flower
* Inkable - Snowflake 1
* D'Inkables - Snowflakes
* D'inkables - Circles
* Distress Oxide Ink Pads

Thank you for looking and happy crafting!

Jane xx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...