Monday, November 22, 2021

Sally DT - Bold Colours and Nutcracker samples

Hi There! I have been enjoying getting inky and combining some different colours into a simple card where the sentiment is the focus. Here is how I made it.

I began by blending seedless preserves and faded lilac distress oxide inks onto a 14cm square of mixed media paper. 
I then placed over the mandala 4 inkable and blended prize ribbon ink through it 
Next I splattered it with water...
...and some Pretty Gets Gritty Artemis Explosion powder mixed with water. I set it aside to dry. 

I stamped the sentiment in versamark ink and embossed with gold embossing powder before matting and layering it to the card on sticky pads.
Here is a closer look at the finished card. It makes me think of batik fabric. 
I used 
6 x6" blank card
Black card
Mixed media card
Sticky pads or 3d gel for attaching the sentiment
Before I go here are my Nutcracker samples for the Craft Store show last week
I decorated 4 of the regular sized mdf nutcrackers




For this one I used alcohol pens on parchment paper stuck behind the front piece
This was the same nutcracker but not backlit
I also made a couple of cards combining the stamps with some older stamps...


Next week's project may well involve a nutcracker too! 

Thanks for looking and I hope you can join in the challenge over in the Bee Crafty Facebook group where the theme is Stay subtle or Be Bold with your colours! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...