Monday, November 01, 2021

Sally DT - A hint of colour

Good Morning! The creations in my blog post today were partly inspired by a wonderful journal page by Alison Younge over on the Bee Crafty Stamps facebook group posted on 24th October. She had left a fair bit of white space and used pencils to shade the latest Face stamp, Dream. I decided I would make a card using limited subtle colours, pencil shading and leave some white space too! 

I began by stamping the circles from Journal Art Elements #2 in kitsch flamingo and shaded lilac distress oxide ink down one side of a 14cm square of mixed media card. 
I then stamped the lines stamps around the other three sides as a border in Kitsch Flamingo. 

This was a bit brighter than I had intended so I brushed a coat of white gesso over the top. 
Once this was dry I stamped the Whatever works! face in black Versafine Clair ink. 
I then added some shading in HB pencil...
followed by some highlights with a white pen and a few extra bits of hair with a black fine liner. 
Next I took a 15cm square base card and sponged the shaded lilac ink around the edge. The white card was a very different shade to the mixed media card, so this was a way of making it match.
Then I took a scrap of the mixed media card and stamped the sentiment from Handwritten words #1 in black ink onto it. I also sponged around the edges in the lilac ink. 
I stuck them to the base card using foam pads for the sentiment. 
Here are links to the products I used:
14cm square of mixed media paper
15cm square white card

The Journal page below also uses the same techniques and most of the same products, with additional use of dinkables , the new Dream face and collage papers applied with Matte Medium

I so enjoyed making these that I decided to incorporate them into the theme for this months Challenge over in the Bee Crafty Facebook group, where we are encouraging you to 'Stay subtle or Be Bold' in your colour choices. I do hope you will come and join in the fun! 
Thanks for looking! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...