Sunday, March 05, 2023

Alison CT - Whatever Works!!!

Good morning,  this week I am sharing this step by step guide to creating this art journal double page spread.
To begin I used the Dina Wakley 1 inch paintbrush to add a strip (approximately 3 inches wide) of clean water across the middle of a double page spread in my Dina Wakley 6x6 white journal. I the wet the tip of my finger with water and scribbled onto with the distress crayon. I rubbed this into areas of the wet strip. I repeated this with all three colours. Going over some areas until I got the required depth of colour. Leave to dry. 
Next I stamped three of the grid stamp, from the journal art elements 3 set, onto the edge of the coloured strip using versafine clair morning mist ink. I varied the orientation to add more interest.
Then I used a black posca pen to do asemic writing along the edge of the coloured strip. I turned the journal around so that the bottom writing would be upside down. 
You can find out more about asemic writing in Sam Freehand Fiday YouTube video (https://youtu.be/GEW-9vB9gX4)
I then added some black splats using the black posca pen.
Next, I stamped the large Wharever Works face onto bee crafty stamping tissue with versafine claire nocturne. I used a wet paint brush to draw a line around the image and carefully tore it out. I then coloured the eyes and lips with gel pens on the reverse.
I used distress collage medium to glue the stamped face and a sentiment, from the small words stamp set, to the page.
Alison

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...