Sunday, September 24, 2023

Alison CT - Leaves and Circles

Hi everyone, today I'm sharing a step by step guide to creating this simple art journal page. 

To begin I blended ground espresso distress oxide through the coffee stains 6x6 inkable.

Next I used a paintbrush to splat lime and fir Dina Wakley gloss spray over the page.
Next I drew through the branch, from the bird cage and branch 6x6 inkable, on to an old book page. I then cut it out.
Next I used versafine clair acirn ink to stamp the pointed leaf stamp from the Journaling Essentials 2 stamp set. I also stamped the 5 different circles from the Journaling Essentials 2 and 2 from the Journaling Essentials 1 stamp sets.

To colour them I smooshed twisted citron distrsssoxide on to a blending mat and spritzed it lightly with water. I then dipped the image sheet into this. I then repeated this step but using peacock feathers distress oxide. When this was dry I cut them out.

Next I used pva glue to stick the book page branch over the coffee stain.
Then I added the stamped leaf over the book page branch.

I then glued the circles around the image.

On seperate card, I stamped the sentiment using the acorn ink. I cut this out and edged with acorn ink.

I then glued this to the bottom right of the page.
To finish the page, I used a blending brush to add twisted citron distress oxide around the edge of the page.
Products used:

Stamps - Journaling Essentials 1 and 2
Wordage stamps - Incredible words
Inkables 6x6 - Bird cage and branch, coffee stains text
Distress oxide - peacock feathers, ground espresso, twisted citron

Thank you for taking a look. 
Alison

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...