Thursday, September 28, 2017

Karen - DT samples for Da Vinci Hochanda show

Good morning everyone xx

It's time for my weekly blog post at
Buzzy Goings On At Bee Crafty  for
Bee Crafty  and I am SO excited to be allowed to share my DT samples for the
Da Vinci inspired stamps that are coming up on the show this Saturday on Hochanda!

I have to say these were a challenge for me, a style I've not crafted with before, but I fell in love with them... so inspiring and versatile too. I hope you enjoy what I've made with them as much as I do x

Stamps I used:
Leonardo Signature
Vitruvian  Man
Da Vinci  Wings
Sforza Horse

Also used:
Cogs stamp set
Mdf Artboard
Distress Inks 
Distress Oxides  
Lustre Luxe 
Gilding Wax

Using the Vitruvian Man and Leonardo Signature,  with Smokey Grey versafine

Another using the Vitruvian Man over a masked panel, using Peeled Paint and Twisted Citron Distress Oxides, with the Metal Work Alpha template.  The Leonardo Signature was stamped in the Peeled Paint

A frame was cut from card.  The cut out panel from this was blended with Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy and Walnut Stain Distress Inks.  Leonardo was stamped in Vintage Sepia versafine.  The frame was inked in the Distress inks and edged with Golden Gate Lustre Luxe and Gold gilding wax. Leonardo Signature was stamped in the versafine

The inked panel was created by blending Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean Distress Inks.  The Angel Wings were stamped in the background using Faded Jeans Distress Oxide and the focal wings and Leonardo Signature were stamped in Smokey Grey versafine. The offset dots Inkables added a few subtle dots to the sample

Fossilized Amber and Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxides were inked through the Heart easy frame stencil, the Distressed diamonds and metal work alpha stencils. The Sforza Horse and Leonardo Signature were stamped in Vintage Sepia versafine

A frame was cut out then adhered to card with temporary adhesive. The images were stamped over the card blank,  and frame, in Vintage Sepia versafine. Antique Linen Distress Ink was blended around the card and over the frame and used through the metal work alpha stencil to add some depth. The frame was removed and then adhered permanently with foam pads

The panel was masked off using tape. Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean Distress Inks and Iced Spruce Distress Oxide were blended to create background.  The metal work alpha stencil was also used to add interest.  The cogs were stamped in smokey grey versafine ink, first and second generation stamping to add depth.  Leonardo and the Signature were also stamped in the Smokey Grey versafine.

The Square easy frame Inkable was used to create a panel, using Iced Spruce DO and Weathered Wood distress inks.
Leonardo was stamped in Iced Spruce DO and the Signature in Smokey Grey versafine
The XL crackle paint and script stamps were stamped randomly in both the inks, to add some depth and dimension
Once dry I carefully removed the square easy frame
I wanted go create the impression of a Book, so I moved it up slightly at an angle, then inked two of the edges in the Iced Spruce.  I used the edge of the Inkable to get an angled edge and then used a ruler and pencil to draw "pages"

Iced Spruce Distress Oxide was the only ink pad used for this sample
The Square easy frame Inkable was taped in place, then the Vitruvian Man was inked up in in the DO and stamped randomly within the square. I did not want a clear image so just pressed lightly in different areas of the stamp, to get a sketchy drawn look
The script and crackle paint stamps were inked up and randomly stamped within the panel
The signature was stamped clearly
On a seperate piece of card the Vitruvian Man was stamped again then a circle die used to cut out the circle part off the image only. This was adhered with a foam pad to add dimension

For my last sample the Artboard was painted in brown acrylic paint then I used Spiced Marmalade DO and Walnut Stain abd Black Soot distress inks around the edges.
I used an old scourer to dabble Fossilized Amber DO randomly over the Artboard.
Leonardo was stamped in Vintage Sepia versafine ink
The crackle paint was randomly stamped all over in Fossilized Amber and Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxides.  A few random areas were stamped with the Script
To complete the Leonardo Signature was stamped in the Vintage Sepia versafine

And there we have it... all my samples for these fabulous and versatile Da Vinci inspired stamps.
And by the end of my samples I am well and truly in love with them all... I hope you are too.

Thankyou soo much for stopping by and PLEASE leave a comment and let me know what you think.

Crafty hugs xx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...