Saturday, September 30, 2017

Jane DT - Unfinished Art...

Hello!

I am really excited to be posting my project today on the Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty Blog as it is also the day that Bee Crafty are on HOCHANDA (10am and 3pm) with their gorgeous Da Vinci stamps!

When choosing which of my design team projects to share today there was no contest.  I love working with MDF as it allows me to use so much texture and lots of different mediums so I had to choose this mixed media piece incorporating my favourite of the stamps (the wings!) plus two pieces of MDF...

 
 
To create this project I used...
 
* Art Is Never Finished - Inspired by Da Vinci
 
I started by creating the background on both pieces of MDF.  They were first primed with gesso then texture paste applied.  I initially attempted to stamp into the paste with the XL Script stamp.  This didn't really work as I think the paste was too thick and the design too detailed, but it did create a great texture which I really liked, and where the paste was thinner you could see some elements of the script.  I then used the paste through the diamond D'inkable for even more background texture...
 
 
I painted it all with brown acrylic paint and next used patina antiquing cream over the top which was  rubbed back after drying with a wrung out baby wipe.  Gold gilding wax was added to create highlights on the texture.
To create the background for the stamps I chose cracked pistachio and walnut stain distress oxides and coloured a piece of card.  The wings, portrait and sentiment were all stamped with sepia archival ink, a touch of gilding wax added to the edges and the pieces then matted onto gold card.  These were added to the MDF with glue gel for extra dimension...
 
 
I like to use moulds and resin so to continue the art theme I coloured one of my resin frames using gold paint and a bit of patina gilding wax and added it to highlight the face of the portrait.
 
The smaller tag was stuck to the main piece then when dry I added some rusty wire through both holes and coiled the pieces at the top.
 
Hopefully you will be able to catch the shows today, or if not they should be available on the website on rewind for a couple of weeks, I will certainly be watching!
 
Thank you for reading, happy crafting,
 
Jane xx


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...