Friday, September 29, 2017

Emily DT - Wildflowers

Hello everyone, I hope you are having a good week.

I have used a technique this week that I have been using a lot recently and this week's blog features two cards which are made in the same way.

Here is the first card I have made:


I have created the background by colouring some stripes onto my Bee Crafty blending mat with Distress markers. I then spritzed it with water and placed my piece of card into it. I absolutely love the effect this technique gives you, and you can do it with any water based ink. I like using the markers as you have more control over the colour placement.


I stamped the moon onto a random scrap of card which had pale blue ink on and cut it out. I stuck it onto my card and then added the Wildflower stamps in a dark blue.


I didn't want to put a sentiment onto the front of this card so I stamped a 'happy birthday' sentiment on the inside. 

Here is another card I have made using the same technique to get the background colour.


I love that you get a different outcome everytime using this technique and I have lots of pieces of card coloured like this ready to be turned into cards.

I hope you like the cards this week.

See you next week with some Hochanda samples.

Emily x

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...