Sunday, January 28, 2018

Paula DT - The same but different



Shopping List

Art Stamps: Birds & Butterflies Set 1
WORDage Sets: Everyday Sentiments 2
Dinkable Spatter
Inkables Template ~ Metal Work Alpha
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Oxide ~ Wilted Violet
Distress Ink Peacock Feathers
Versafine Black Ink
Black Fine Liner Pen


Since I started card making in 2004; I taught myself how to ink and stamp by using limited products and making batches of cards in one sitting. I ended up with a lot that looked similar but I learnt how to use the products to their best and found out the best way to layout designs. So, today I'm sharing 3 cards using the same items but hopefully giving you ideas to inspire you to give it a go yourself.



CARD 1

*This card measures 4x4.
*I stamped the butterfly in black onto the card blank. I stamped again on to a piece of copier/scrap paper and fussy cut out. This is now used as a mask over the original stamped image.
*I took some Distress Oxide Wilted Violet on to some foam and wiped it around the image.
*I then inked the DO Wilted Violet through the Dinkable Splatter. I used the stencil again but used DI Peacock Feathers through it.
*I inked through the Metal Work Alpha stencil with Peacock Feathers.
*I drew a couple of lines using a fine liner pen down one side of the butterfly. Used the pen to draw through the Dinkable splatter.
*Finally, I stamped the sentiment, removed the mask from the butterfly and drew round the butterfly with a lilac alcohol pen.



CARD 2

*I started by pressing some Distress Oxide Wilted Violet on to a glass mat and then spritzed it with water. I took a plastic bag (a 12x12 clear one I had) and dipped the bag in to the ink and then pressed it on to a DL card front. Dabbed it dry with a piece of paper towel.
*I used the Dinkable Splatter once with DO Wilted Violet and DI Peacock Feathers.
*Took the Metal Work Alpha stencil and used DI Peacock Feathers.
*Stamp the large and small butterflies in black.
*Drew some lines using a fine liner. Also used the fine liner to draw through the Dinkable Splatter.
*Finally, stamp the sentiment.




CARD 3

*I took a 6x6 card blank and used low tack artists tape to mask off the center.
*Used DO Wilted Violet across the top right hand side and then on the bottom opposite side I used DI Peacock Feathers.
*I then used the Dinkable Splatter with the blue ink over the violet. And used the violet over the blue.
*Stamped the small and large butterflies in black plus the sentiment.
*Finally, I used the fine liner to edge around the inked center.










6 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

And all totally gorgeous! Jo x

Tina Chianna said...

so delicately stunning x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

beautiful, love the colours x

Brawny x said...

Great cards x

Angelnorth said...

You have such a knack for one layer cards Paula, these are gorgeous! Great contrasts in look from the same set of supplies.

A Pink said...

So so beautiful! Paula . Wonderful use of colour and imagery. You have without doubt perfected the art of layout design and how to use the products to their best- imho you are the 'Queen' of both .
Thank you for sharing your first class creativity .
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...