Saturday, March 24, 2018

Jane DT - Butterfly Crackle Tag

Hello!

Today on the Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty blog I wanted to create and share a project with lots of texture and layers so I used one of the MDF tags as they are great for mixed media.  Here is the project that I created...


I started by priming the tag with white gesso before applying crackle paste all over with a palette knife.  This was so that the paste would be at different depths across the tag making a range of crackle sizes once it had air dried...


Next I used shimmery spray inks to add colour.  I love the combination of brown and teal so used sprays within that colour scheme.  I dried the inks between layers to build up the colour gradually until it was as I wanted.
To create a defined edge around the tag I used gold gilding wax and also added a small amount across parts of the crackles too.  For extra dimension and layers I then used the multi mini distressed diamond background stamp with sepia archival ink, then sparkle paste though the distress harlequin d'inkable...


The large butterfly was stamped in the same ink as the diamonds then coloured with spectrum aqua pens.  The same was done twice with the smaller butterfly.  As I wanted the butterflies to be the focal points of the tag, I added glossy accents to all of them then sprinkled in a few micro beads.  Once they had dried I added them with glue gel to create extra dimension...


Finally I added one of the XL sentiments to a piece of card and dusted over with distress ink sprinkling on some water to create some lighter spots...


Here are the links for the products that were used:

* MDF - Large Tag
* Art Stamps - Large Butterfly
* Art Stamps - Birds and Butterflies Set 1
* Wordage - Everyday Sentiments 1 XL
* Backdrops - Multi Mini Distressed Diamonds
* D'inkables - Distressed Harlequin

Thank you for reading and happy crafting,

Jane xx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...