Saturday, March 31, 2018

Jane DT - Wildlowers in Colour

Hello!

Today on the Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty Blog I am sharing a few of the samples that I made using the Wildflower stamps.  Usually I would tend to stamp these in black over a background, so this time I tried hard to use the stamps with colour, and these are the samples that I am sharing.


The background for this diorama card was created using acrylic paint with a brayer and then stencilled with a variety of the d'inkables.  The background flowers were stamped using sparkle pens and then the front flowers using black embossing powder onto heat resistant acetate.


This was one of my favourite samples.  I used the largest of the MDF tags, first coating with white gesso then using bright acrylic paints in layers.  I used the same colours with the d'inkables plus a bit of white.  I then stamped the flowers and the birds using a variety of archival inks.  I didn't want there to be any black on this project so used the dark blue ink to stamp the sentiment and then cut it into two pieces for the tag.


I went for a more muted look with this piece of MDF, one of the door hangers.   Vintage tones were used in the background and then more earthy tones with the flower stamps.  I almost always stamp sentiments onto card and mount them on my project, but this time I decided to stamp the sentiment straight on using black, then added a bit of black ink around the edges of the tag to frame the project.

Here are the products used...

* MDF
* Wildflower 1
* Wildflower 2
* Wildflower 3
* Wildflower 4
* Wildflower 5
* Wildflower 6
* Friendship Quotes
* D'Inkables

Thank you for looking and happy crafting!

Jane xx

1 comment:

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous projects, full of wonderful colour too, Kate x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...