Saturday, April 06, 2019

Jane DT - Doodle Flower Keyring

Hello!

Today on the Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty blog I am sharing how I made a key ring using the new doodle stamps...


I love trying new products and mediums and a few years ago I bought some stampbord and inks as I wanted to try them out.  After using them a few times they ended up in my crafty cupboard forgotten about until recently when I noticed them and decided to have another go!
Stampbord is a piece of board that has fine layers of clay on top which means you can use etching tools to scrape back areas to create different layers of colour.

My starting point was a domino sized piece of stampbord...


For my first layer I applied blue ink using a piece of foam...


Next I stamped the vine and the lines from the Bird #1 set using black archival ink...


Then I used my etching tools to take some of the colour out of parts of the design and also to add white doodles...


Using a small paintbrush I coloured some of the white areas using some of the other inks...


Next I stamped one of the flowers from the Bird #1 set, coloured it and added glossy accents...

 
Because the stampbord can still be scratched into I added glossy accents across the whole piece to protect the surface, then put in a hole and eyelet for the key ring. I also added some dots of Pebeo relief and once clear and tacky added gold foil leaf over the top of them.  Gold gilding wax was used around the edges to create a more framed look.
 
Finally I attached the flower and added a word from the Ticker Tape Sentiments set...

 
 
 
To create this project I used:
 
 
Thank you for looking and happy crafting!
 
Jane xx


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...