Friday, March 11, 2022

Sharon - Bee Card

 


Hi I don't know about you but I'm so looking forward to the warmer weather when all the bees are buzzing about collecting the nectar. Hopefully my wildflower seeds will take and I'll see them soon. So with this in mind I made this bright bee card. I love this stamp there's so much you can do with it. 


Here's how I made my card.

First of all I stamped the bee stamp with versafine clair nocturne ink and then used clear embossing over the top. Using Distress Oxide inks in Spiced Marmalade, Rusty Hinge and Fossilized Amber I stencilled on some hexagons using the Inkables - Honeycombe multi and the Easy Frame Hexagon 4" stencils. I sprinkled them with a little water. 


Next I stamped out the bee and some of the hexagon stamps in the set with black ink and again clear embossed them. I used Ecoline pens to colour them and a white pen to add highlights.


I adhered the coloured pieces to the base with 3D foam pads to make them pop. Then I added some more white highlights. 


Here you can see the depth of the pieces I didn't add any pads to the wings as I wanted them to be folded upwards.


To finish off I used one of the script stamps from Journal Art Elements set in black ink. I just stamped it randomly around the sides. I also added a sentiment using a sentiment from the Winter Words set just on black card with a white embossing powder. To really make the bright colours pop I layered up the base onto black card and then onto my white card base. 

Products used:

Be Crafty Stamps :Bee - Scripted Bee
                                   Small Words Winter 
                                   Journal Art Elements

                     Inkables :    Easy Frame Hexagon 4"
                                 Honeycombe Multi

Distress Oxide Inks: Spiced Marmalade
                       Rusty Hinge
                               Fossilized Amber

                        Ecoline pens 

Ranger Embossing Powders: White (super fine detail)
                                               Clear (super fine detail)

Versafine Clair: Nocturne


Have a great weekend.

Sharon x


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...