Thursday, March 10, 2022

Sue CT Stars

 Sue Ct Stars

Hello everyone. This week I am again playing in my favourite journal at the minute, my 8x8 Dina Wakley.

 


What I Have Used This Week 

Bee Crafty Text Stamp

Bee Crafty Moon Sentiments Stamp

Bee Crafty StarsTexture Stamp

Bee Crafty Stitch Borders Stamp

Bee Crafty Dinkables Set 4

Distress Salty Ocean Ink

Distress Oxide Twisted Citron Ink

Archival Hickory Smoke Ink

Salty Ocean Distress Glaze

Twisted Citron Distress Glaze

Tim Holtz Embossing Dauber

Bee Crafty Super Skinny Slims

 

I started off by smooshing some Twisted Citron ink onto the Super Skinny Slim and spritzing it with water. I then placed it on the page and added some pressure to the block to spread the ink. I did this in a couple of places to add colour to the page. I dried it with a heat tool and then repeated with the Salty Ocean ink. Using several of the Stitch Border stamps and Hickory Smoke Archival ink I stamped a staggered right angle on the left of my page. I also randomly stamped some of the Text stamp around the page to add extra texture.



I found some scraps of card and using the same technique as before, but with less water spritzed onto it, I made two pieces which I cut into narrow strips once dry.

I then decided to join two of the sentiment stamps from the Moon Sentiments stamps and stamped them onto a scrap of white card and blended some Salty Ocean onto the edges.

I then played around until I found a placement for the strips of card that I was happy with.


I used the star stencil from set four of the Dinkables and roughly dabbed through using the dauber and added some Distress Glaze in Salty Ocean and Twisted Citron. I didn’t want this too look too regimented so wasn’t precise with my daubing. I also stamped several of the stars from the Star Texture stamp onto scrap card in black Archival ink and inked them to add more colour. 
Finally, I edged the strips with a black Micron pen, added a black matt to the sentiment and adhered everything to the page.

 

Thank you for looking at the blog this week. I hope you all get a chance to have some craft time this week.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...