Thursday, March 17, 2022

Sue CT Ledger Measure

 Sue CT Ledger Measure

Hi everyone. This week I wanted to do a page in my 6x6 journal but also wanted to show that you don’t only have to use small stamps and stencils in it. I have used a Big One stencil, a 6x6 stencil and an XL stamp, along with a large stamp and cut it apart once stamped to create a smaller image.

What I Have Used This Week

Bee Crafty Ledger Measure Stamp

Bee Crafty Crackle Stamp

Bee Crafty Birds and Butterfly XL Stamps

Bee Crafty Birds and Butterfly XL Dies

Bee Crafty Ticker Tape 3 Stamp

Bee Crafty Abstract Circles Big One Stencil

Bee Crafty Metal Work Alpha Stencil 6x6

Bee Crafty Dinkables Set 5

Distress Oxide Kitsch Flamingo

Distress Oxide Salvaged Patina

Black Archival Ink

Dina Wakley Collage Paper

Ecoline Pens

Dina Wakley 6x6 Journal

Matt Collage Medium

I started off this week by using the distress ink to blend onto the page through the Abstract Circle stencil in various places all over the page. I only used small parts of the stencil and moved the stencil round to create a textured effect.

I then added some more detail using the number stencil from set 5 of the Dinkables and the Metal Work Alpha 6x6 stencils to create interest.

I followed this by using the crackle stamp and Archival ink without using a block and stamped in random places, where I knew I wanted to place the stamped images.


I stamped the smaller of the stamps from the Ledger Measure set onto Collage paper twice. You could use tissue paper, but I do prefer collage paper, as it has more body to it.

Once you have allowed the image to dry, decide which area you wish to use behind the butterfly and cut with scissors. Adhere to your page using collage medium. 


Use the rest of the image to cut and arrange where you want the sentiment to be. If you like you can use parts of the second stamped image as well. I decided that I wanted to add some more crackle stamp around the smaller image, so carefully stamped to soften the edges without using a block.

Stamp the chosen sentiment from Ticker Tape 3 and largest butterfly from the Birds and Butterfly XL stamp set onto scrap card, die cut the butterfly and colour using Ecoline pens.


Finally adhere the butterfly and sentiment to the page using collage medium.

Thank you for taking the time to look at the blog this week. I hope it has inspired you to use some of your larger stamps and stencils in your smaller journals.

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...