Monday, March 07, 2022

Sally CT - Vintage tulip journal page

Hi there! I had the urge to do a bit of a vintage collage the other day. I took the large tulip stamp that lots of people got as a freebie on Mandala release day, and teamed it up with some old papers, fabric and lace to make a journal page. Here is how I did it. 

I began by tearing some papers and sticking them as a patchwork onto a journal page using matte medium. 
Once this was dry I brushed over a coat of gesso and set aside to dry again.

On a piece of tea-stained calico I stamped the tulip using versafine clair grey ink.
I painted the tulip with derwent inktense blocks.
Using the tag inkable I added some walnut stain distress ink to the gessoed page. 
Next I stamped some mandala circles in vintage photo distress ink on the fabric....
and onto the page. 
I also added some of the ink around the frayed edge of the calico
I drew a rough rectangle slightly larger than the fabric panel in pumice stone distress crayon onto the page where I wanted the tulip to go, smudging it with my finger.
I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment onto a strip of collage paper.
Finally I added the tulip panel, a strip of braid and the sentiment to the page using matte medium
And here is the finished page. I rubbed a little gold distress crayon on the tip of my finger over the braid to tone it down a bit. 
I used:
A selection of papers
Calico or smooth cotton
Versafine Clair grey ink
Inktense blocks (you could use watercolour pencils or inktense pencils for this)
Versamark or embossing ink
lace/ braid

This is a great way to use up some scraps of papers and fabric. Thanks for looking! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...