Thursday, March 03, 2022

Sue CT - ATCs

Sue CT - ATCs

 Hi, after watching Bev making some ATCs on Try It Out Tuesday I was inspired to have a go at making some myself.

Supplies That I Have Used This Week

Bee Crafty Doodle Art Mandala Sets 1 and 2

Bee Crafty Journal Art Elements 1

Bee Crafty Ticker Tape Words Set 1

Bee Crafty Dinkables Set 2

Bee crafty Dinkables Set 3

Bee Crafty Dinkables Set 8

Weathered Wood Distress Oxide Ink

Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide Ink

Stormy Sky Distress Oxide Ink

Majestic Violet Archival Ink

White Fine Detail Embossing Powder

Heat Resistant Acetate

 

I started off by going through my gelli prints and found some that I decided to use as the bases for my ATCs. I have had them lying around for ages, but it just goes to prove that you should never throw anything out. One day it will come in useful! I cut them into standard ATC sizes of 2 1/2 by 3 1/2 inches.

 


I needed to add some texture to the background so used some circle Dinkables and distress oxide inks to add depth.


I then stamped and embossed with white fine detail embossing powder two of my favourite Mandala Stamps, one from set 1 and one from set 2, onto heat resistant acetate. I stamped each one three times and then cut them into layers for my ATCs. 




I added some colour using alcohol markers on the reverse of each image but as you can see, I wasn’t the least bit neat when colouring as I knew it wouldn’t show on the right side when finished.  



I then cut and layered each section of the mandalas as I wanted them on the final project. I used gel medium to glue the layers together and left them to dry naturally.



 

I placed each mandala section where I wanted it but decided that I needed even more texture on the cards, so added some of the circle stamps from the Journal Art Elements stamp set in Archival Majestic Violet.

Following this I stamped and embossed several sets of words from Ticker Tape 1 and separated them into individual strips. I played around to get the spacing I wanted and then stuck them onto the ATCs.




 

Many thanks for looking at the blog today. Why not make some of your own ATCs? They are little works of art that don’t take too long to make and can be great for trying new techniques.

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...