Saturday, March 26, 2022

Sally CT - Let your Dreams take Flight

Hi There! I decided to have a play with more doodle art stamps for my step by step this week. Here is how I made this dragonfly card.

I began by smooshing a little twisted citron distress oxide ink onto a 14x14cm piece of watercolour card. 

once this was dry I used a sponge to blend some peacock feather distress oxide ink through the circles dinkable. I misted the inkable with a little water and laid it onto the other side of the card, then dried it. 
Next I used the twisted citron distress oxide through the dots dinkable randomly around the card.

Using the ledger stamp without an acrylic block I added a few bits around the background using the same two inks. I also sponged a little ink around the edges.

On a scrap of black paper I heat embossed a selection of the small words in white. I also did the same with the chosen sentiment from the set.

I tore the edges of the paper and cut out the sentiment carefully.

Next I stamped some of the coffee stains in black versafine and stuck the embossed strip down the centre of the background, adding the sentiment too with Matte Medium.

On a separate piece of watercolour card I stamped the doodle art dragonfly in versafine clair ink and coloured it with ecoline pens, using a paint brush and water to blend the colours. I cut it out
I also stamped the dragonfly on the background, sticking the coloured one over the top just down the body, allowing the wings to be free.
Finally I added a few highlights with the gellyroll moonlight pens. 
Here are the products I used:
15cm square base card
14cm square of watercolour card
Distress oxide ink in twisted citron and peacock feathers
Versamark ink

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...