Friday, March 04, 2022

Sharon - Mandala Card

 Hi I'd like to share with you a card I made using one of the mandalas from set 1.



I started off with my white cardstock which I'd measured to be a bit smaller to fit my card blank. 
I took the numbers stencil from the D'Inkables set 5 stencil set and rubbed over some Villainous potion oxide ink. I then sprayed it till it started to run and placed it over my cardstock. As the stencil was smaller than my cardstock I did this several times. 


To add some interest and texture I stamped the ring stamp in black and the text in Peacock feathers from the Journal art elements stamp set several times. Then using a white Posca pen I added some highlights.


I put this piece aside and started on my images. I stamped out one of the mandalas from the Mandalas #1 in full and then 2 of the centres of the same manadala. I cut around the circle edge to make a frame and then the circle. Using a circle punch I punched out an inner for the frame. On the circle I stamped out the smaller face from Faces: Whatever works stamp set. I then coloured all the pieces by watercolouring with Ecoline pens. I then lightly stencilled the number stencil onto the circle edges with the Villainous potion. I again used the white Posca pen to add highlights.


I used a wet glue to adhere the face circle to the card and 3D foam pads to adhere the frame and mandala flowers.



To make the base pop I layered it onto black cardstock then onto my card. I also added some purple pearl embellishments to the centres of the flowers.


Products Used:


The mandala stamps are so versatile when you cut into them. I fussy cut the flowers but don't be put off by doing that. Just turn your card and not the scissors and you soon get into a rhythm. 

Have a great weekend - Sharon x

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...