Thursday, September 22, 2022

Ali CT - Sparkly Mandala Card

 Made this small but very sparkly Mandala card for my daughter who has returned to work after finishing maternity leave this week. It's a quick card thanks to the fab Bee Crafty Inkable and Wordy stickers.

I cut a piece of black card to 4 1/2" square and taped it to my craft mat with low tack tape.
 Then taped the Mandala 2 template over one corner.
I picked out some of my sparkly gel pens and started colouring though the inkable, working in the same direction each time.
It's a good idea to make a colour chart using black paper as I was surprised by the blue colour of my gel pen, it looked green on my white colour chart lol.
Not a huge amount to colour and stuck to red, gold and blue - the minimal palette looked effective.
Removed the inkable and trimmed the panel down a little.
Fixed this to a gold mirror card matt leaving a 1/16" border, onto black card with a 1/4" border with pva glue. I trimmed a 6" white card blank down to 5 1/2" square and glued the panel on to it.
Chose a sentiment from the Black Wordies sticker sheet, fixed it to a scrap of gold mirror card and glued it to the bottom right.

I hope you have enjoyed this week's project and thank you for visiting xxx

Products Used

  • Sparkly Gel Pens - I used Pentel Dual Metallics
  • 6" x 6" white card blank
  • Black, gold mirror & White card 

  • Low tack tape, pva glue, paper trimmer, scissors

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...