Saturday, September 10, 2022

Sally CT - A quick and simple card

I  don't know about you, but it is all feeling a bit strange at the moment, but sometimes, losing yourself in a bit of crafting is a good tonic. Thought I would share a simple card that I made before the news broke on Thursday evening. Here it is.

I began by adding some kitsch flamingo distress oxide ink through the Circles 1 big one inkable directly onto a white 6x6" card blank.
Next I placed the 4"butterfly easy frame in the centre and blended over some wilted violet distress oxide ink. 

I then placed the 'innie' from the 6" butterfly easy frame over the top and blended a little prize ribbon distress oxide around the edge.

Setting aside the base card I stamped the regular doodle art butterfly on a scrap of watercolour paper, coloured it with ecoline pens and cut it out. 
I added some highlights with white and sparkle gelly roll moonlight pens and attached the butterfly to the main card using ultra thick gel medium. 
Finally I added a sentiment from the new Bee Crafty stickers and a bit of stamping in the white space corners.
Here is the finished card again. 
Here's a list of what I used:
6" square card

If you prefer your butterflies more realistic and your backgrounds more grungy, here is the card I made during my Facebook live on Wednesday evening which you can find here.
 
Thanks for looking! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...