Saturday, March 20, 2010

What a day!!!

Evening everyone

Firstly can I just say a very big thankyou to Lucy and George again for a wonderful demonstration.  These ladies are very talented and commit to coming into Bee Crafty once a month and showing you various techniques and tools.  If you haven't yet seen the demo date for something you are waiting for - let us know - we plan in what we think is right at the time - but if it's not on that list and you want it - tell us and we'll do everything to accomodate you.

Now it was my youngest sons Birthday today and it was his very first one!!!!

A massive Happy Birthday to him and I thought I would show you the cards we made for him.

ok so this one was my effort - a stepper card.  I used and A3 sheet as the base, score into a tri fold and then the outer sections in half.  Then slice (I used a metal edge ruler and a finger knife) from the 1st fold to the last - I went 5cm from the top and bottom.  Then it's a case of picking the right embellishements to suit your project.


This was Mum's (Julie)  she used the Nana's nursery stack.  The skeleton of the card is a 12x12 scored and folded in half.  The Balloons have been cut on the Craft Robo as has the birthday sentiment.  With Ribon to hold the balloons and the letters were from an alpha sheet within the stack.  I think you would all agree that this card is lovely and the colours are wonderful.



Now this one was from Aunty Bev!  I absolutely love the colours she has used here (even if they did make it difficult for me to get a good picture).  Bev really gives her cards that Scrapbook feel - lots of layers attention to detail - notice the letters - cut on the original sizzix (we can cut these for you at the shop) she has inked teh edges and then faux stitched them with a white pen as is the number.

I love each of these cards and think we all did very well - I also think Harry did even better he got some lovely cards and presents and a lovely day was had by all.

Hope you liked them as much as we enjoyed making them.

Take Care

Sam xxx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...