Friday, April 29, 2016

Emily DT - Be Yourself Canvas

Hi everyone

I have had some crafty play time this week and so decided to try out a technique Bev was using on Hochanda the other day. I am talking about using all purpose filler as texture paste and colouring it with Brusho paints.

I have made two little canvases this week. They both use the same techniques, they are just done using different colours.

Here is what I have made this week...


I started by colouring the canvas boards with Brushos. One is Lime Green, Yellow and Emerald Green. The other is my favourite combination of all time, Ultramarine and Purple.

Once they were dry I got cracking with the 'texture paste' (all purpose filler!)

For the yellow canvas I decided to keep the paste white and used a flowery stencil from my stash.


I stamped some butterflies onto coordinating Brusho coloured card and cut them out. I stamped the Serendipity sentiment in Walnut stain distress ink onto some more Brusho card and mounted it onto white.



For the blue one I added some turquoise and purple Brushos and used the dotty Inkables stencil. I also randomly stamped some dots from the Textures set in blue and purple.


I then stamped the Be Yourself sentiment straight onto the canvas using black Stazon ink.


I punched holes in the yellow one and added some twine to hang it up.


I'm super pleased with how they turned out and will definitely be using coloured texture paste more from now on. My mind is whirling with how I can use all the fabulous Bee Crafty Inkable stencils!!

See you next week

Emily x

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lovely. I've two canvases and more Brusho than you could shake a stick at! I'll give this a go, this weekend. Thanks to you and Bev for all the inspiration xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...