Monday, January 03, 2022

Sally DT - BuJo Birdwatching


As many of you know I love watching the birds in the garden and one of the things I did last year was to make a garden bird list for my bullet journal. I have loved filling it in and enjoyed seeing the population changes from one month to another, so decided to do another for 2022. Here is a step by step for how I made it.

I began by drawing 12 boxes using the BuJo templates ( I had to adjust the length of the vertical boxes slightly)

Next I stamped the months of the year in the boxes. The super skinny slim border is great for getting up close to the edge in a ring bound journal. 

I used a pale green highlighter through the BuJo template to highlight the months.
I stamped some of the botanical springs in Distress oxide inks around the edges of the boxes.

I used the mirror blocks to stamp a reverse image of the bird at the top of each page.
Using second generation ink I stamped another bird facing each of the others.
Using the typewriter alpha I added the year and then used a coordinating gelly roll moonlight pen to write Garden Birds at the top of the page. I added a few more doodles and then got my bird book out to colour the finches in different ways. 
Here are the finished pages. Here is last year's page filled in:
 It was so exciting to see two birds I had not seen in our garden before in the 22 years we have lived here. 
Distress oxide inks in Kitsch Flamingo, Salvaged Patina and Peacock Feathers 

This sort of page could be used for all sorts of things from when plants flower in the garden, to butterflies, bees or other creatures. 

Thanks for looking! 

1 comment:

Dawn Tylee said...

This is really helpful thank you. The step by steps are easy to follow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...