Friday, January 28, 2022

Sharon GDT - Whatever works!!!



As we have a tag challenge going on in the Bee Crafty FB group I thought I'd make a tag for my post today. I've used some lovely bright colours as we all need cheering up this time of year. 

Stamps:  Faces - Whatever Works

               Journal Art Elements

Stencils: D'inkables set 5

Distress Oxide inks: Picked Raspberry

                                  Ripe Persimmon

                                  Peacock Feathers

Versafine Clair: Nocturne

Ranger embossing powder: Superfine white

Versamark clear ink

Posca white pen

Here's how I made my tag:


I started off with making my background by blending distress oxides, picked raspberry, ripe persimmon and peacock feathers onto my tag. 

Next I sprinkled over some water to give it some texture. I used the heat gun on it to help it dry before my next step. 


I used the large face from the Whatever works set and stamped it in versafine clair black ink and then embossed with a clear embossing powder. This helped the image to stand out from the bright background. I wanted to build up her hair so I used the Art stamp from the Art elements set and randomly stamped and clear embossed around her face.


Next using Wilted violet oxide ink and the number stencil from the D'inkables set 5 I stamped at the top corners and bottom right of the tag. 


I added a little border to some of the edges using the arched stamp from the Art elements with black ink and clear embossing. With a white Posca pen I added some highlights to her face and hair.



 To add a bit of light to the tag I white embossed the circles from the Art elements set around the edges. The powder stuck to some of the embossed black border but I liked the way it looked so left it as it was. It added some more texture. 


To finish off the tag I stamped the Whatever works stamp onto black card with clear ink and then used white embossing powder, cut around it and adhered it to the top of my tag. Then I just added some white spatters with my white Posca pen. 

Sharon x







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...