Thursday, January 20, 2022

Sue CT - Birds and Butterflies

 

Sue CT Birds and Butterflies

We have had some very cold days here recently so this week, I decided to make a page that will hopefully be a sign of warmer days to come in the not too distant future. 

What I have Used





 

I started off by blending the Spun Sugar, Squeezed Lemonade, Salty Ocean and Shaded Lilac Distress Inks across the page to give the impression of a rainbow.

 



I then went across the page using the circle Dinkable from set 3 and matching inks to add some texture to the page.

 



I added some coffee stain stamps and the number stamps from the same set in random places using the matching inks. 




 This was followed by using the number and letter stencil from set 5 and Hickory Smoke ink to add some contrast, and also some of the small circles from set 2.



On a sheet of white card, I stamped a whole flutter of butterflies from the regular Birds and Butterflies stamp. I knew I had way too many, but I always do a few spare when I stamp as they are very useful to keep ready for another project.


I coloured these in various rainbow colours to match the background using Ecoline pens, then cut them out using the corresponding dies which made the job a lot easier and didn’t take long at all.

 


I also stamped the large bird from the Birds and Butterflies XL set and cut him out using the die. I decided that I was going to sit him on a branch from the Beautanical Large Branch stamp so cut the branch he was currently sitting on off at the edges, as you can see in the photo. I decided to leave this image uncoloured so it stood out against the coloured background.

 


Finally, I stamped the branch on the side of the page and arranged all of the butterflies on the page. I added a couple of the coffee stain stamps in Hickory Smoke Distress Ink to add some extra depth to the page and went around the edge of the page to add a frame. I also stamped the words from the Ticker Tape 1 set and cut them apart to fit on the page. The final step was to adhere everything to the page with gel medium.

 

Thank you for looking at the blog today, have a great day.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...