Monday, January 16, 2017

Kerrie DT - Decision To Try... - Mixed Media Canvas

Hiya and Welcome to my Monday Post for Bee Crafty Stamps

Today I am sharing with you a recent make for one of the Hochanda Shows that I have not Blogged about before... my Mixed Media Canvas

The Bee Crafty Products I used on this project are...



First I covered the canvas with white gesso, Once dry, I trimmed a piece of old music from a piano book and glued this to the canvas and then painted over again using white gesso. I made sure that the gesso was applied thinly so that the music notes could still be seen. Next I painted over with a coat of Magnolia Chalky Paint and left to dry fully.

On a piece of thin corrugated card I drew around the inside and outside of  the 6" Square Inkables Template which I then cut out to create a frame, I covered this frame using music score paper and then I used filler to seal in the corrugated edges and painted over a coat of white gesso. Once dry I painted over the frame again using Mink Chalky Paint and left to dry fully.

Once both pieces were fully dry I used a strong white glue to stick the frame to the canvas at a jaunty angle. I then used filler through the 4" Heart Inkables Template to place hearts inside and outside of the frame and around the canvas. I used a heat gun to speed up the drying process so that I could then paint the Hearts using Damson Chalky Paint.

Next I stamped the Style Wire Border around the edges of the frame, and the Lines & Dots Texture onto the canvas. I then stamped the Decission To Try WORDage onto white cardstock, which I then cut the scetions of the sentiment out, backed them with dark gold mirror board and attached to the canvas inside the frame using a hot glue gun spreading the words out over the space. I picked out some paper flowers, wooden buttons and metal embellishments (one being a little Bee for Bee Crafty... just cause I can) I fixed them into opposite corners of the frame using a hot glue gun.

To seal and varnish the project I painted over everything using Mod Podge.

Thank You so much for visiting my Post today - Please visit again soon to see more from the Amazing Bee Crafty Design Team

Krafty Hugs xx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...