Friday, January 20, 2017

Emily DT - Love

Hiya everyone, it's my turn again and I've tried something a bit different this week. I'm starting to think about Valentine's Day (as I'm sure many people are) and so have made a Valentine's Day card with no red in sight!

Here is the card I have made...


I started by stamping the style wire heart frame in black Memento ink. I deliberately chose a water-based ink because I wanted to get a certain effect. After stamping it I spritzed it lightly with water and let the ink run.


Once it was dry I stamped my Love sentiment and went round the edge with a pale grey distress ink to give a very subtle edge. I mounted it onto black card and onto a card blank.


It is very simple but I don't think it needs anything else. This technique with the water can be done with any water based ink and so could be done in other colours. I really love it in the black & grey combination though.

I hope you like it too!

Emily x

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...