Saturday, June 16, 2018

Jane DT - Positive Butterflies

Hello!
 
Today on the Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty blog I am sharing another art journal page but a very different one to last week!
 


This time I used an 8" x 8" journal and after applying some clear gesso (as I knew I would be using quite a lot of water) I added some areas of crackle paste with my palette knife and left to dry overnight...


After applying some water across the middle of the page I used sparkle pens to add colour and spritzed them with more water to create a flowing effect.  I dried each colour before adding the next to try to keep the colours separate to some extent!  Then I used some watered down grey acrylic paint to add splatters.  To create extra interest I used archival inks with the multi mini distress diamond and script stamps, keeping the stamping mostly across the coloured areas...


Next I used the regular dots d'inkable with some light texture paste to add extra detail and dimension.  I liked the way that this paste absorbed some of the colour too as it helped to blend it into the page.  The butterflies used are my favourites as I really like the wing shape and I also like having more than one size in the same image to help build pictures in your projects.  I coloured the card first with the same sparkle pens and then stamped over the top with black archival ink.  To make them stand out from the page I went around the edge of each butterfly with a permanent black pen and also used 3D glue gel...


Finally I coloured some more card using the lightest of the pens used and stamped and cut out part of one of the ticker tape sentiments.

Here are the products I used:

* Art Stamps - Birds and Butterflies Set 1
* Art Stamps - Large Birds and Butterflies - Dragonfly and Butterfly Set
* Backdrops - Script XL
* Backdrops - Multi Mini Distress Diamonds
* Wordage - Ticker Tape Stamp Set 1
* D'inkables - Regular Dots
* Archival Ink

I hope you have an enjoyable weekend and happy crafting!

Jane xx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...