Thursday, April 06, 2017

Lorre-Anne DT - Life & Rain

Hi everyone, I'm one of the new Bee Crafty DT members and this is my first blog post for them -eeeeek I'm so excited....and a little nervous!  I will be doing a regular post now on a Thursday, and I hope you'll drop by and let me know what you think.

For my first post I decided to make the card below as these stamps were my first purchase from the fabulous Bee Crafty, and what got me hooked :-)



What you will need to make this card -

What to do - 

  • Cut Black & white cardstock to the following measurements ( 2 black squares at 6 1/8" x 6 1/8" and 5 7/8" x 5 7/8", and 2 white squares at 6" x 6" and 5 6/8" x 5 6/8")
  • Take the largest of the white squares and blend Peacock Feathers around all the edges.  Mat this on to the largest black square, and glue both to the card blank.
  • Take the other white square and add a strip of masking tape down the middle.  Take Salty Ocean DI and blend from the bottom to just below halfway.  Next blend some Peacock Feathers from the top down, and blend both colours where they meet.  Remove the masking tape.
  • Using Versafine ink, stamp the dandelion at the bottom of the inked section.
  • Spritz some water on to your fingertips, and flick it over the inked side of the card. Leave for a few seconds, then blot with kitchen paper.  This will give the splattered detail as shown below.

  • Stamp the sentiment in the top right corner of the card, again using Versafine Ink.
  • Mat this onto the remaining black square, and adhere to the card using foam pads.
Well that's all for my first post....hope I did o.k.!  I'll be back next Thursday with another card to share with you all.  Until then, happy stamping.

Hugs, Lorre-Anne

5 comments:

CraftyJan said...

Well done on your first DT post! That wordage stamp was one of my first too, love this card ❤

kayla said...

This cards is just gorgeous Hun x

Chris Kelly said...

A lovely card Lorre-Anne. I am looking forward to seeing more.
X

Magic Maggie said...

Hi - great card. I think I'm into the 'less is more' idea, which this fits!! Looking forward to more from you in future. Good luck.

Love

Maggie (Yorkite)

Tracy Welham said...

Gorgeous, that symmetry is very pleasing to look at. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...